Wednesday 19 December 2012

This lady was way ahead of her time, and gutsy!

How many of us modern women stand our ground this well? Something to ponder about...
This is the prenup written by Amelia Earhart in 1931. 

Her terms included an open marriage and "some place where I can go to be myself, now and then, for I cannot guarantee to endure at all times the confinement of even and attractive cage."

"On our life together, I want you to understand I shall not hold you to any midaevil code of faithfulness..."


Aerhart was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic. In 1937, she went missing over the Pacific Ocean while attempting to set a record for an around the world flight. Aerhart married George P Putnam in 1931 and remained so until her disappearance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in our work.